Yes, you've heard it all before... it's been a long time since I last wrote, yada, yada, yada.
There is a lot that's happened since last I wrote. Two major things. 1. Lucas died the 9th of November, 2012. He had gotten a really bad case of kidney stones. The vet said that it was the worst case she had ever seen. She tried to take the stones out, but wasn't successful. She showed us what she was able to take out (a mixture of blood an stones) and I just broke down crying. He had been in lots of pain over a period of time without showing any signs. I felt like it was my fault, even though it wasn't. He was our baby and suddenly he was gone. No more snuggles on the couch. No more pictures (I looked at the ones I had and pretty much all of them were fuzzy...). No more having to watch our beer cans (he loved to lick the beer off them). No more carrot-loving kitty.
I tried to get someone to cover for me at work that night (because I was a big heap of a mess), but no one could. So I tried to put on a brave face, and went to work. I'm sure a lot of the guests were wondering why the waitress was crying.. but I couldn't help it. I had work the day after as well and tried to hold it together, but ended up snapping at pretty much everyone. I really, really wanted to go home, but stayed because of the persuasions of one of my co-workers.
The pain is becoming less each day, but small things always come along that remind me of him, my baby. My "Mister, mister" as I called him. I think having Brutus helped me get through it, but it also made me a bit overprotective of him. We made an appointment for him at the vet the week after. I wanted to make sure nothing like that was happening to him as well. Good news! He was/is totally healthy. The vet even said that his teeth were a lot nicer than most cats his age.
The second major thing that has happened since I last wrote is that I quit school (with just one year left). There were so many reasons for me quitting, but being offered a full-time job was the final reason I needed. I realized that I've never been happier doing a job, than I was (and still am) as a waitress.
The most important lesson I've learned from the whole process is that happiness should always be the main reason you decide to do something. Not money. Not prospects of longer vacations. Not because someone else wants you to. Not because of what others will/might think. But, your happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment