Been to a sports conference this weekend. I went as a trainer and got to go to different seminars about what professional athletes (and regular people) should be eating before, during and after training, what is expected of professional athletes (and their trainers), what is important to professional athletes (what their trainers do to help them get better/reach their goals), etc. I thought the most interesting seminars were the one about eating right (because I'm very interested in food and how I can eat right as an athlete) and the one about what is important to professional athletes.
One of the most exciting things this weekend was that the guy who had the seminar about the importance of what trainers do to help athletes get better has won 3 olympic gold medals. He was so nice that he sent the medals around the room so we could all have a closer look. I got to hold 3 gold medals in my hands! I sort of wish I had gotten serious about sports a lot earlier, because I would really love to have one of those myself. It was interesting that they were so heavy though. I thought they would have been a bit lighter. You would think the medals would make the skinniest of athletes fall over. :P
I know this doesn't have anything to do with the conference, but I'm starting my practicle teaching tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm very nervous. I'll give an update as to how it goes some time this week. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment