Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Libraries of the world

I've never been much of a gamer, but my husband is and he's always trying to get me interested in playing some game or other. I think he does it so he doesn't feel as guilty when he "leaves" me to play his own games.

Anyway, he bought me a Minecraft account and I felt that I had to at least try it since he had paid for it. I have to admit I enjoyed being creative and building different buildings. It's sort of like a grown-ups version of Legos. It sucks that the only reason an adult can play with Legos (without being seen as wierd) is if they're playing with kids....

Back to the point, though. I've just finished a project, and want to start a different one. I've already tried making our local library, but found it didn't work properly because it's hard to create curves in the game without making the building humongus. I sort of wanted to make another library, so I did a random search on Google for inspiration. I was surprised at all the interesting libraries, and ideas for libraries. Here are a few of my favorites:
amazing libraries
Picture taken from: http://nedhardy.com/2012/04/02/a-gallery-of-the-worlds-most-amazing-libraries-23-pics/
I always loved Disney's "Beauty and the Beast". This library reminds me of the library in the castle. It also makes me think of the library smell I remember from my childhood (I loved to go to the library, which is perhaps one of the reasons why I love the smell of old parchment).  
amazing libraries
Picture taken from: http://nedhardy.com/2012/04/02/a-gallery-of-the-worlds-most-amazing-libraries-23-pics/
  I love the thought of studying in a library like this. The details are amazing.


http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/jpgs/prague/national_library_prague_fs240209_3.jpg
Picture taken from: http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/jpgs/prague/national_library_prague_fs240209_3.jpg
                                  Love the thought of a purple library.

The Dr. Seuss Library
Picture taken from: http://www.impactlab.net/2008/12/20/the-dr-seuss-library/

No comments:

Post a Comment