It's been well over a month since I've been on here. I guess the biggest reason is that I've been getting ready for three exams (two of which I've taken, the third got postponed because of the teachers strike). Anyway, back (to some extent) now.
I just wanted to tell you about Ingrid Michaelson's newest album. The album is called "Human again", and I only just got the money to buy it (it came out in January). After listening to it several times I've found that I'm an even bigger fan. Ingrid sings about the sort of things I've been feeling lately (which gives me hope that I'm not such a weirdo after all). I've had one in particular stuck in my head since I bought it last week. It's called "Blood brothers". Here are the lyrics:
If you knew me would you save that seat for me
If you knew me would you finally let me free
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
If you loved me would you hold onto my hand
If you loved me would you finally understand
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
What you need, what you need I need too
What you are, what you are I am too
'cause we're all the same under a different name
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
If you knew me would you lift me from the ground
If you loved me would you even hear me make a sound
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
What you need, what you need I need too
What you are, what you are I am too
'cause we're all the same under a different name
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers
The beautiful thing about music is that everyone can find different meanings in the same piece of music.
No comments:
Post a Comment