Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Test exam

We had a test exam in home economics today. I didn't tell you about it yesterday because I had 1/3 chance of getting picked. My luck always seems to run out when it comes to stuff like this, so I read up on quite a few recipes yesterday. The only recipes I didn't want to have to make were lamb stew (because it never seems to have any flavor when others make it) and krumkaker (because I've never made it). Guess what happened? I got picked (! for starters), then I had to make lamb stew, krumkaker and lemon fromage.

Picture taken from: http://www.alleoppskrifter.no/s/lammefrikasse-2.html
Picture taken from: no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krumkaker
My only streak of luck was the fact that one of the three recipes was lemon fromage. I had really wanted to make it, because it's so simple and I wasn't able to get it quite right the last time I made it.

I was totally stressed out when we began, both because I had 13 people staring at me and what I was doing, but also because I had a lot of stuff to do within the 3 hour periode. I had thankfully made a "time line" in the 1 hour prep time. So I was able to make the most of every minute.

It took a bit longer for the vegetables in the lamb stew to cook than it said in the recipe (it was supposed to take 10 mins, but ended up taking around 20). I'm guessing it was because I had to use less carrots and more swede than the recipe calls for. But because of the delay I was 5 minutes over time. Luckily my teacher said it didn't really matter because she saw I wasn't standing idle.

On top of that I found out this morning that I was supposed to be having a presentation about my practice teaching in Zambia. I was soooo glad I had uploaded photos to facebook and that my companion had uploaded a video she had put together. Otherwise I don't know what I would have presented to the students wanting to go to Zambia next year. I survived the day! Yippi, and now for a cup of coffee-fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment