Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Music

You know how sometimes you have a bad day, listen to a song and it makes you feel better? I've had a day like that today, and realized how great it is to have music.
I had a free periode at school today and didn't know what to do with myself. My head was hurting, so I didn't really feel like reading in the library. So I went up to the attic (that's where the school's music department is). I was lucky enough to find an empty piano room. First I played a song I composed in 2006. I always seem to use that song as a warm-up song.... Anyway, after playing I reprieved myself for not having thought to bring any sheet music, and then decided to "look on the bright side" and continue trying to learn a song called 'Keep Breathing' by Ingrid Michaelson.

I don't know how many of you watch Grey's Anatomy, but Ingrid's music is used a lot in the series. I've talked about her quite a few times and gotten responses like "who's she" or "I've never heard of her". In reality I'm sure most people have heard her music. At any rate, 'Keep Breathing' is a simple enough song, but very up my alley. It almost makes me melancholic, but at the same time gives me hope (if that makes any sense).
Picture taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_OK_%28album%29
I really love Ingrid's album 'Be OK' from 2008, but if I'm listening to the whole album I also have to listen to one of her songs which isn't on the album called 'Turn to stone'. Many of you may remember the song being used in 'So you think you can dance' season 8. The choreography by Travis Wall was one of my favorites from that season. I remember getting goose bumps when I saw/heard it....

...I'm so good at getting side-tracked.... *Smiley sticking tounge out*
Picture taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sjung
On my way home from school I was well on my way to feeling better. I put my headphones on, put on Laleh's album: 'Sjung' and poof! Besides the fact that my head still hurt like crazy, I was feeling a lot happier and thinking to myself 'bring it on' (life). I didn't really think about it before, but Laleh and Ingrid Michaelson have similar voices. Very soothing and clean (then again, that might all be down to good mastering...).

No comments:

Post a Comment