Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Music Festival - part II

Just wanted to drop a line about Saturday. The two highlights were Halvdan Sivertsen and Sir Elton John.


Favorites included: Benny and the Jets, Candle in the wind, Venner and Bruremarsj. I of course have to say that we were able to stand at the front when Elton John came on, but we were being squished from all sides. I was a bit surprised because I've never had claustrophobia, but there were so many people around me I felt like I couldn't breath and got really dizzy. Good thing we were in the "second row" and not smack dab in the middle of the crowd.


The people surrounding me didn't really seem to know proper festival etiquette. They were trying to push me out of the way even though I was there waaaay before them. Several of them were also drunk out of their minds, so they were taking up more space than they actually needed. I had to keep leaning back so as not to get knocked out by one of their heads (which was swaying back and forth). Standing on the other side of me was a couple (there must have been at least 20 years in between them) who were also drunk and very in the mood for something other than listening/watching Elton John. It was gross, and they could just as well not be taking up space at the front of the audience (elbowing me in the side)....

No comments:

Post a Comment