Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Nike training club

I downloaded a training app a while ago, and haven't taken the time to try it until now. So far I'm very satisfied with it. 

The app has pictures and videos of the exercises, which makes it easy to follow. It also allows for using your own music while doing the workouts (a must for me, especially if I'm hoping to exercise regularly). It encourages you to exercise more by giving you "trophies" after exercising so-and-so many minutes (I don't really care much about the trophies, but I know other people who are very competitive and appreciate them). The app has workouts for beginners, intermediates and advanced users. One of the things I like most about it is the way Nike has grouped the workouts. They've made it very easy for me to choose the right workouts for me. I wouldn't really say I'm an advanced user, so I can't speak for them, but I'm quite happy with the app. 

Picture taken from: http://adorninc.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/nike-training-club-app/

The only thing that is a bit difficult is the fact that so many of the workouts use dumbells, a medicine ball and a stepping block. I've been looking for these items in stores and I'm finding it difficult to find any of them (especially in the weights I want). I guess it's possible to improvise by using water-filled bottles as dumbells, a cast iron pan as a medicine ball and a pile of books (or some other pile of hard, flat things) as a stepping block. I just would much rather have proper equipment.

Another problem (not for me, but for all of you with android phones) is the fact that it's only available for iphone, ipod and ipad. It's really a shame, because the app is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment