Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mountain trip


For the past few years people who live in this area have been encouraged to become more physically active. One of the programs that has been made is called "Ti på topp". Directly translated it becomes: ten on top. It's supposed to be a play of words meaning ten trips to hill/mountain tops.

Anyway, you buy a starting package which contains maps and information about 20 hill/mountain tops. Then you register online and visit as many tops as you want/ have the possibility of visiting. If you visit at least 7 of the 20 you get a little prize. The trips have varying difficulty so people can challenge themselves.

As you're probably guessing, my husband and I decided to be a part of the program this year. The weather was incredible today (sunny and warmer than it has been so far this summer), so we decided to go on our first one.

Here's a few pics:

I was going for a little Saturday Night Fever action (since it's Saturday night :P).
You can see the top of the tallest mountain (out of the 20 from "Ti på topp") in the background.
The "Ti på topp" mailbox which contains the code you register after being there.
Found a rock in the middle of a "pond" and wanted to climb out to it, but in order to do that I had to take my shoes and socks off and wade out.
The ice hadn't totally melted, so I wanted to put my foot on it...
... needless to say, it was freezing cold. :P
When we came home the kitties were sleeping as usual. I've found out Brutus doesn't like the camera, but Lucas doesn't seem to mind at all:

  We're hoping to go on another trip tomorrow, so maybe there'll be more pics then. But now it's time for dinner (gonna make a chicken and broccoli risotto, YUM!).

No comments:

Post a Comment