Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Raindrops keep falling on my head

Today has been a mostly sucky day....

I had what I thought was my last exam yesterday. Although I didn't think I would get an A, I thought my efforts were at least worth a C. So today when I woke up, and found a text saying I'd flunked, I was upset and paralyzed. It was a "presentation" exam and a lot of hard work/time had gone into it. So now I feel like all the time/effort was pointless. Plus it was in a subject I thought I was quite good at (goes to show how much I know....).

I've been doubting my choice of education for a while now, and this doesn't exactly help that feeling. It really sucks to work so hard and not get any credit. To always feel like you suck (even if you don't).

I keep saying that our grading system is totally screwed up. How the hell are teachers supposed to decide how good you are at something from a 30 minute presentation?! What if you, like me, get nervous giving presentations? You know so much more than you're able to say because of the nerves? Then you're asked questions where you're expected to read someones' mind, and not able to? I'm sure if I had been in a relaxed setting and been asked questions about our litterature I'd be able to answer very well.

Why can't the government change the grading system so that we're graded through-out the year, instead of just 30 minutes out of the year? It doesn't make any sense at all. Grrr... It all makes me soooo mad! And people say the education system is "really good" in Norway.... If they would get rid of all the crap teachers, and start grading in a more logical way I might agree.

I guess I've mentioned it before, but I've gotten into a bad habit of buying stuff (even if I don't have the money) when I'm upset (because it normally makes me feel better). Today wasn't an exception. I've been thinking of trying to cross more things off my bucket list for a while now. One of them is learning to play the guitar. So I went out and bought a guitar. Then after a lot of "grrr's" and cussing I learned "Sweet home alabama". I'm not going to lie and say it's perfect, but I can at least play a D-chord, C-chord and G-chord now. My fingers hurt like hell, and I unfortunately can't say my mood's much better... but at least I'm on my way to crossing something else off my list.

My new beauty
I keep telling myself life is too short to be upset about something like this, but it's not working. I just keep getting more angry. I want to hit something (either until it's well beyond breaking point, or until I start to bleed).... Maybe I'll go for a run later.

I guess a positive from today is that I officially got the summer job I mentioned earlier. So I have something to keep myself busy with this summer.

Here's to hoping your day was better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment