Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Music Festival - part I

Today marks the start of my first music festival. It was great, and I was able to stand closest to the stage the whole night. 

Started the evening off with Vinni. Highlights included Lonesome traveler and Sommerfugel i vinterland. 
 
Then I was introduced to a band I've only ever heard about; Violet road. They were awsome! I'd say they were the band of the night. They reminded me a lot of Muse, only with a little more of a country vibe. They were able to capture us (the audience) and make us do pretty much anything they asked. We danced, clapped, laughed and sang along. Great entertainment, and a band I'm definitly going to listen more to.

Violet road in my <3
After that Hellbillies played. They were ok. Nothing to write home about.

The ending act was Simple Minds. Again, they were ok. After playing about 8 songs they finally got around to playing the song everyone knew the lyrics to: Don't You (Forget about me). Everyone (including me) went ballistic. I left on that note, and am really looking forward to seeing Sir Elton John tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll be just as lucky as today when it comes to my placement. *insert smiley*

No comments:

Post a Comment