Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Greek tomato pie

I found this recipe in a Norwegian magazine and decided to try it yesterday. I was surprised because it had a lot more flavor than I thought it would have. However, if I were to make it again I would make a few changes. I would either use a different pastry or deseed the tomatoes because the butterdough became too soggy. I would probably also blind bake the pastry before I added the other ingredients. For personal preference I would use a bit of chorizo to give more texture and a bit of umpf. 


Here's the original recipe: 

Makes 4 portions

Aprox. 350 g butter dough

Filling: 

4 plum tomatoes
2 red onions
2 tbsp butter
10 black olives (I used more)
200 g feta cheese
1 tbsp fresh timian
2 tbsp olive oil

Roll out the dough. Place it in a oven-proof pie pan.

Cut the tomatoes and the onions in boats. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onions. 

Spread the tomatoes, onions and olives evenly on the dough in the pie pan. Crumble the feta cheese and sprinkle the timian over the tomatoes, etc. Sprinkle the olive oil over the pie. 

Bake at 200 degrees C for about 20 minutes. 

Serve the pie warm or cold with a fresh salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment