Tried to go to sleep just now, but couldn't stop my mind from thinking about everything and nothing... One of the more prominent thoughts was "what if I weren't here tomorrow?". Would it really make that big of a difference? One person out of 7 billion gone forever?
A lot of people might argue that 'yes, it would make a difference', but would it truely? I don't know.... People say a lot of things, but often times they either can't, or don't, follow through on what they say.
I tried a little experiment a few years back (to see if people really cared) where I wrote of harmful intentions. I wrote the things in a place where I knew lots of people would read them, and then waited to see if anyone would do anything. I waited, and waited, and waited. No one responded, no one cared. I wonder how many people out there have tried the same, and met the same response.... Then again, maybe I've gotten things all wrong, and it's just part of the survival of the fittest. Show any sign of weakness and you're worthless....
I wonder how the human race has managed to survive this long when all we do is think solely of ourselves. We may say we don't, but I think if we look deep down inside for the reasons behind our actions we'll see why we do the things we do.... I for one am tired of being used (and have never really been a fan of using others for personal gain). I guess karma isn't really a bitch after all. You keep helping others and you're pretty much nailing the last nail in the "you're a sucker" coffin. I think using people degrades both the person who does it and the person/object in question. Then again, if my previous statement about managing to survive is true, we're all guilty of it... but I still think some more than others.

No comments:
Post a Comment