Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Home again

This is how it looked at home the morning after I came home.
So I've been home for almost a week now. I've not had the heart to write anything since I got home. I've just been trying to adjust back into the normal daily rythym of things. 

The day I left Livingstone I wasn't thinking of going anywhere, but I realized I had way too much kwatcha left over. So I ended up going to the Curio Market (the one where the sellers hassle you into buying things). I had told myself that I wouldn't use more than 500 pin in the market. I managed to keep to that. I got several things and all for less than I had thought of using (score!). Then I went to the bank and exchanged most of the rest of the money into USD (a currency I can exchange here at home). That only took forever.... I kept looking at my watch because I only had around an hour and a half to do everything I was thinking of doing, I still had one more stop to make and I had ended up using 45 minutes in the market. After around 25 mins. the money was exchanged and I had found myself a cab. I had told myself earlier on in the trip that I would buy a bag at Olga's if I had leftover money. So after buying the bag I realized it would be smart of me to buy bandaids (becuase of my blisters). When I was done with everything and back at the lodge I had five minutes to get the last things packed and get out the door. It was so sad leaving Chanters' because it has become like my home away from home.... 

Norwegian food magazine and newspaper.
The trip home went well and I was really pleased to have Norwegian newspapers and magazines to read on the plane. When I got home I got a seafood wok for dinner and chocolate fondant (with berries and icecream) for dessert (yummy! and very needed).

No comments:

Post a Comment