Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 37

Written this morning: 
 
“Again, not much sleep for me. The rain was really loud and I kept imagining snakes coming into the tent wanting to bite me (silly, I know….). I can also feel the work I did yesterday in my muscles. *ouch*"

Our pile of poles for the mudhut.
Proof that I used a machete today.

Today we cut poles for the mudhut (the poles get intertwined with the poles we put in place yesterday). It took me a while to get the hang of using a machete. Luckily two more volunteers had come the night before, among them a girl from Namibia (who was used to using machetes). So she taught me a few tricks (I still sucked, but a bit less than before). While I was cutting I got a really bad blister though. It must be one of the biggest blisters I've ever had, but it looks a lot worse than it really is. 


Other than that, we got to help out at the pharmacy counting pills. That was interesting because of the old fashioned way of doing it, but at the same time cool. I wouldn't have gotten the chance to do something like that at home since they're so strict. 

Counting pills and dividing them into little baggies.
Found George Lucas's grave *smiley sticking tounge out*.


It was sad taking the bus back into Livingstone. I was thinking about how this is the last night I get to spend here in Zambia before I go home, and there's still soo much I've not seen/gotten to do here. I'm going to miss the people, the weather and the way of life. I've learned a lot from being here, and I don't think I'll be able to look at my life the same after it.


Damn, I'm going home tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment