Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Busy day 33

Today I’ve gotten quite a bit done. I went to Nansanzu, gave them the things we had forgotten at home and said a proper good-bye. When I walked by my class I noticed they didn’t have a teacher, so I popped my head in and said hello. I also got a few pics of them (something I didn’t get on Friday after our class).

After leaving Nansanzu I felt weird. If I ever see my pupils again they’ll be grown up. I wonder if I’ll recognize them, or if they’ll recognize me? And will I end up meeting my colleagues again? Will I be able to come back to Livingstone at some point in time? A lot of questions, and a lot of answers swirling around in my head.

I went to DALICE to attend a P.E. lesson which was again fun and interesting. Today I was with the first-years and they had about basketball. The thing I find most interesting with the P.E. classes here is that they are a lot more interested in the students learning the history and rules of sports, not so much how to teach the kids at schools. In a way I really like that, because how are supposed to teach something if you don’t know the rules? And how can you gain an interest if you have no idea as to where it all started, or even why it was started? At the same time, it’s perhaps important to learn good ways of teaching the pupils.

Playing b-ball with the other students.
A saying I found in the P.E. teachers' office.

After the lesson I was invited to my teachers’ house for lunch. We ate Nshima, with beans and cabbage. We talked about a lot of things, but I decided I’m going to a yoga lesson tomorrow with his wife. I’m looking forward to it.

It may seem as if the above is enough to fill the whole day, but I went on a cheetah walk again after I got back from DALICE. This time the photos turned out really well. I’m so happy! I got to say a proper good-bye to Lilly as well…. As I’m sitting here I’m wondering if maybe I paid too much attention to her and not so much to the others….  

Kitties!


Anyway, time for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment