Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 18

This is the "internet hut".

It's been relaxing being on the island, and I've been able to forget pretty much all my worries (!). Bovu Island is like the kind of paradise you generally only see in movies. I sort of wish I could have stayed longer, but at the same time it's nice to have come back to society.

I don't know if you can see them, but in there are two fishermen in the middle of the picture. This was taken at 06.30 in the morning, so that may give you an idea as to when they get up.
Last picture on the island before departure.

I've gotten sunburnt for the first time since we've been here. I'm acctually a bit surprised it didn't happen earlier because I've been lying in the sun pretty much every day (if not every day). Hopefully it won't peel. I've been good at keeping the skin hydrated, so fingers crossed. 

Other than that, I ordered a traditional goad dish for dinner today. It was good, and I'm growing fond of the Nshima. I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing seeing as it's all carbs. I'm almost afraid about getting on the bathroom scales when I get home. I've probably gained lots of weight since I've been here...

It's normal to eat with your hands here (especially when you eat Nshima), so that's what I did. I ate dinner with my hands. It felt very wierd, especially seeing as I was at a restaurant in the middle of town. I felt a bit less wierd when the waitress came over to me and told me she was happy to see me eating like the locals. 

Anyway, I'm too tired to write any more now. So more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment