Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 27

Don't really have much to report today. My companion and I have been feeling a bit under the weather because of yesterday's events. I'm surprised I was even able to keep my breakfast down.

I didn't have a lesson until the last period, so I sat around reading and drawing for my home economics lesson on Thursday (we're going to be talking about grooming, good/bad posture and how to care properly for clothing). I also got into a discussion about religion with my observation teacher. It was interesting, partly because I think he was surprised I know so much about the bible and christianity, but also because he was so adamant about what he believes. It's interesting to see how a lot of people seem to think of things in life as black and white, when in reality there are lots of colors/shades in between. I was pretty much told that a person who does good things will go to hell if he/she doesn't do it in Jesus name. I can't see how that can be right. If a person is good and kind to others shouldn't that count for something (even if they don't believe in a religion)? I was told that it doesn't count because even satan can be good and kind. I guess it's not really too odd that christianity is the source of a lot of the contentions in the world....

We haven't really done much since we got back from school, and I'm guessing we won't really do much the rest of the day. We've been doing something pretty much every day since we got here, so I guess we need a little rest. Anywho, have a good day/night where-ever you are in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment