Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 34


A bit late, as per usual, but I choose to use "African time" as my reason. *smiley sticking tounge out* Anyway, I was only planning on sunbathing and going to the falls yesterday. I did do a bit of sunbathing and went to the falls, but I also spontaniously found out I wanted to go microlighting. So I called my taxi driver and asked him if he thought the weather was good enough. He did, so we drove out to the microlighting place. I asked them if it was possible to do a 30 minute flight there and then, and luckily for me it was. So I watched excited as they readied the plane. Then my taxi driver took my bag, my sunglasses and my flipflops and I was ushered to the microlight. There I was given a pair of headphones (with microphone) and a helmet. I was buckled in and we were off! It was a bit scary at first because of the wind pockets, but then I started to relax and really enjoy it. We flew over the falls several times and then looked for animals (both on the Zimbabwe side and the Zambian side). I was surprised at how many more elephants there were on the Zimbabwein side. Other than elephants I got to see buffalo, warthogs, giraffes, zebra, hippos, impalas and crocidiles.


I don't know if I mentioned this before, but at the moment the only people living at Chanters are Norwegians (and as I found out, I'll be traveling on the same planes with them all the way to Oslo). The others were thinking of also going to the falls yesterday, so I decided to wait for them and join them. We didn't end up going until 16 (so needless to say I was starving when we got back at around 20.30). But we had a good time, and as I was told the falls were bigger and gave off a lot more spray than the first time I was there. I'm glad I went a second time, but it would be cool to see the falls during the dry season as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment