| Me knitting in the staff room on Monday. |
| Eating Nshima with beans and spinach on Tuesday. |
I didn't do too much at school today. I prepared my English lesson for tomorrow and realized in the prosess that it's going to be nearly impossible to get through everything. The class was a bit behind when i started on Tuesday, so I'm trying to catch them up. Yet I don't want to move so quickly that they don't understand/remember what I teach them. Because of that I decided that I want to copy one of the exercises, so they only have to worry about glueing it into their books and filling in the answers. I really hope the copy place hasn't closed yet....
Other than that I observed my companion as she taught her first lesson in History. It was interesting because the kids copied off the blackboard the whole class, yet they were quiet and almost as still as stone. I wonder if it was because of the way my companion was teaching, or just because of the way the class is. I know my class wouldn't have been that still. Then agian, I have a lot more boys in my class than there were in hers.
| History lesson. |
I finally got some peace regarding the H.E. class. I had not gotten much information before today. Finally I know exactly what I'll be teaching. Also, the teacher who'll be grading me said she would bring the papers regarding manditory work in H.E. tomorrow so I can have a peek. Hopefully I'll figure out some smart ways for teaching the kids about 'the body' and 'grooming'.
| Fuzzy pic of me eating Nshima with spinach and chicken. |
We were invited to eat Nshima with the staff today as well. I'm acctually starting to grow fond of it now. While we were eating we were told by the Head Teacher that ball sports were being put off. The reason was that they were going to start training for competitions in athletics instead. So tomorrow the cleaning of the running track starts. Maybe I'll be able to run a bit. *insert smiley*
We were hoping to go to Bovu Island this weekend, but we've still not heard anything from the people who run it. I guess if we'd contacted them a year before we wanted to go we might get an answer. *smiley sticking tounge out* No, but seriously, if they don't answer us by next week my companion won't be able to go because she only has this weekend and next left until she leaves. We also want to go to Chobe, so one of the two will fall out if we don't get an answer (we were banking on them answering that our booking was confirmed). Cross your fingers for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment