Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sadness - Day 32


All by myself. My companion left at around 12. I was planning on lying next to the pool, but it's been cloudy pretty much all day. I was also feeling a bit of the "all-alone blues", so I wanted to keep myself busy). Therefore, I went to 2 museums instead. The first one I went to was the train museum. I got to see a lot of different trains, but the most interesting part was when I went into a barn where there were a few exhibitions. The first thing I noticed was the smell. It smelled a bit funky (I later learned why). I looked around and took pics, then I went down the "hallway". I saw several dark shapes flying past me. At first I thought they were birds, but then I realized they were bats. Then I looked inside the train which was in the barn and there were tons, apon tons of bats hanging from the cielings.... I didn't hang about to put it simply.


The second museum I visited was the David Livingstone museum (wasn't allowed to take pics). There I found out more about the evolution of man, natural science, "our village" (a story of the villages in Zambia), local traditions (rites of passage, marriage, etc) and David Livingstone himself. 

After touring both museums I took a walk, which was wonderful! I walked to the other side of town where the gold leaf indian restaurant is located. I ordered a bhuna chicken curry with rice, parathas and a mint lassie. It was sooo good. Especially after 4 weeks without a curry (I'm used to eating at least 1 curry a week at home).

No comments:

Post a Comment