Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to school

So guess what? *insert smiley sticking tounge out* I made the one hour trek to my school yet again, after a three week break. I really wish I knew where vacation goes. It seems to disappear into thin air. You spend a month looking forward to it. When it finally arrives, you take pleasure in every single second the first week. You're bored the second week, and you spend the third week wondering what the heck made it go so quick?! Well, that's at least how it is for me. 

During my vacation I managed to totally destroy my circadian rhythm, and therefore found myself falling asleep as late as 10 A.M. and waking up at 16-17 (4-5 P.M.). It probably goes without saying, that I had to try to do something about that before I started school again (after all, I can't exactly go to bed in the middle of a lecture *insert another smiley*). So I stayed up all night (from the 01.01-02.01, or 01.01-01.02 for those of you who may be american) trying to make myself tired enough so that I could go to bed (and manage to fall asleep) at a reasonable hour. Big lot of help that did. I went to bed at 23 (11 P.M.) and there I stayed wide awake until I finally fell asleep at 6 A.M. the next morning (an hour before my alarmclock went off). Therefore I got an hour of sleep last night, which made for an interesting day at school.

Today we had the first of a series of lectures to help prepare us for our trip to Africa. It was about culture and the meaning behind the word. It was Q.I. (quite interesting), but by 13.30 (1.30 P.M.) I found myself struggling to keep my eyes open. I only just made it home and then it was time to start making dinner. I found that it takes an awful lot longer to chop vegetables if you're running on fumes. Yet, in a way, it was rather amusing. The tagliatelle with bolognese sauce turned out really yummy though (thanks to the cook, my hubby). After dinner I tried to keep my eyes open (so I won't have a repeat of yesterday night), but the more I tried the harder it was to fight my closing eyes. Somehow, after a quick doze, I woke up enough to write this. All-in-all I'd say it was a good first day back at school and I'm looking forward to tomorrow (we'll be learning more about documenting our trip in photographs). Anywho, good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment