We started the day off with the backwards abseil. It went fine because it was just like dissenting after climbing a climbing wall.
Then came the flying fox, 75 meters above the ground. I tried sitting "swing" style first, just to see how it was. Then I did a "superwoman" with a running start. Fun until you stop, look down and think about the wires snapping.
Then it was abseiling face-down. I didn't really like the idea of walking face-down a cliff (even if I was the one controlling how far I dropped at a time). The gloves I was wearing felt very loose and slippery, I was afraid I was going to accidentally let go of the rope. The instructors were in control though (they had attached a safety rope in case something went wrong). Nothing did, though.
Last, but not least: the gorge swing. A 54 meter drop straight down, ending in a swing. I watched first, and my heart leaped just as much every time I saw/heard someone jump. Then it was my turn. I wanted to back out, but I knew I would regret it. The instructor was very good at calming me as well, talking about everything other than the jump.
I was a bit dissapointed to find out that the bungee jump is closed... so no bungee jump for me. Today, however is every bit as good as it would have been, if not better because of all the different activities. We also got to spend the day with a cool German guy, who's studying to be a math professor.
We'll be interviewed a bit later on Mr. Chanters radio show. So either I'll give you an update late tonight, or tomorrow with the experiences from our first day at school. Yes! You heard right! We're acctually starting school tomorrow. Yippi!

No comments:
Post a Comment