No pics today.
We started school today. It was interesting, but we've pretty much been thrown into things. I have my first class in English tomorrow. I've observed two periods today, so it should be fine. The thing is that there are quite a few people coming to watch (and it's my first lesson!). I really feel the pressure to put it mildly.
We were told before we left that there would be a lot of repitition in classes, but there was even more than I had imagined. I can imagine the students remember things better though (especially if they have to tell each other what things mean).
I felt very welcome for the most part. The Head Teacher was very welcoming and concerned about us. He asked us how much our taxi driver charges us from Chanters to Nansanzu. When we told him, he was almost enraged because it was 10 times the normal charge. I was very disappointed, because I had thought our driver would respect us more than that. I'm not going to say that I didn't suspect it, but what can you do when you've been paying a driver the same amounts for over a week? It feels wierd to suddenly say that, 'hey you're charging us too much!'.
I talked with the maths/sciences teacher during break, and she told me about all of the different after-school activities. Tomorrow there's sports, so I really hope we'll be able to take part. I guess we'll have to see.
Anyway, it's way past my bedtime! Talk more tomorrow, and hopefully have some pics to show.
No comments:
Post a Comment