The weekend hasn't been all bad, though. I find that one of the best ways to make myself feel better if I've started the day off on the wrong foot is to make a warm drink. So I made a more "luxurious" (for a student, that is) version of a mocca. Normally I would just add some chocolatemilk powder and milk to an espresso. But yesterday I went all in. I warmed the milk (1,5 dl) in a pan. When it was steaming I added 3 AfterEight chocolates (you can use regular chocolate as well) and mixed until the chocolate was totally melted. Then I made the espresso (1,5 dl) and added the chocolatemilk mixture. On top of that: whipped cream, and chocolate sprinkles to make me smile even more. This recipe makes 2 cups. I probably shouldn't have, but I drank both cups... *insert smiley sticking tounge out*
We also made homemade pizza with pepperoni, green bell peppers, red
onions, tomatoes and of course lots of cheese. The only thing that could
have made it better was olives.
Other than that, I also found time to give myself a manicure. It felt really good afterwards, but I really don't have that much patience, so I ended up doing other stuff with my hands before the nailpolish was totally dry. Hence ugly scratches.
Also, I've been working on a cross stitching project for some time and finally got one of the major pieces in the project done yesterday. It may not look that hard, but it's taken me ages to finish the sun on the lefthand side of the picture.
I think it only just sank in yesterday that I'm going to Zambia in a week and a half. I started hyperventilating when I was thinking about it, especially when thinking of the last week seeing as I'll be all by myself. I've only ever traveled with others before, so this is going to be the beginning of a new chapter.
No comments:
Post a Comment