Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Frustration!

We were supposed to start the introduction course at DALICE today, and we still will (unless something changes again). The thing that's made me frustrated is that the meeting has been pushed from 11 to 14.... I'm already tired of so-called "African time". I didn't come all the way from Norway to sit on my hiney doing nothing! But that seems to be exactly what I'm doing. It makes me frustrated and makes me miss home, because in all reality: if we don't start school soon we might as well be at home (read: if we miss out on too much teaching we'll have to take it up again at home). We can't exactly do the other things we've been planning on doing either (like safaris, bungee jump, bovi island), because we could suddenly get a message saying that we need to meet in 1/2 an hour.

The fact that this rash-thing hasn't gone away doesn't really help my mood. I just want to be healthy, without problems, so that I can enjoy African life without being scared to death about a rash. I guess I should be giving things a few more days, but today, right now, I would really rather just get on a plane for home. This post is perhaps a bit dark, but it's how I feel, and how I'm experiencing Africa at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment