Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Black Thursday


"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays" - Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

This citation seems to sum up my day. I've had off from school, but I attemted to get up earlier anyway (I never learn). I ended up getting up three hours later than I wanted. It didn't really effect my plans for the day or anything, but it's irritating to want to do something and not be able to do it. I've found out that if I don't have any plans with others early in the morning, I can't make myself get up. I must be like the worst B-person ever. :P

I managed to get most of the things I was missing for my trip (clothes, gifts, etc). I am quite suprised. It seems like the economy is more affected than people care to admit. I've asked several buisnesses about donating footballs and writing supplies to the kids I'll be teaching, but no one has been "able to". 

On the bus home I started to realize that I'm acctually leaving in 6 days. I don't have that much time left, yet I don't know what to do with the time that's left (if that makes sense). Other than going to school, training and going to give blood for the last time in a year (1 year quarenteen). Yet at the same time I sort of don't want to go to training. I managed to accidentally punch a girl in the nose harder than what is allowed in sparring. I had made an effort to be very gentle up until that point (just barely touch the people I sparred with), but a series of movements (from me and from her) made my fist and her nose hit harder than was meant. Her boyfriend trains with us as well, so of course she explained what had happened to him during one of the breaks. When we lined up again, he made an effort to look at me with a "you should know better/you should be better than to hit that hard" kind of look. As if I didn't already feel bad enough from before.... It's not as if I had been planning to give someone a black nose. I wanted to say "I'm human = I make mistakes". I guess I should try to look on the bright side. At least I know I can protect myself some-what if someone attacks me (I definitely didn't put all my strength behind that punch).

I was also sadly disappointed when i opened a chocolate (which has a suprise in) and the surprise ended up being a poodle toy talking on a phone with a cup of something in the other paw. The reason I was disappointed is because the suprises used to be things you had to put together, not just already-finished toys.

I've just realized that blogging is a good way of releaving stress. As I'm typing all this the thoughts cease to haunt me and I acctually feel better. Here's hoping all of you have gotten the hang of Thursdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment